Thursday, January 12, 2012

Friends Scrapbook Page

Hi Everyone, Hope you are all doing well today.  One of my New Year's resolution is to try and scrapbook more often.  I made a layout of my 2 girlfriends and I on my 20th birthday.  I'm not going to say how many years ago that was.  It seems like forever.   



The stamps I used are from Pink's by Design's "Friend's to the End" stamp set.  I love that these sentiments are so versitile and can be used on scrapbook pages as well. 

I thought this sentiment is perfect to use with this layout since it has flowers on it. 


Since I have 3 boys I don't get to make too many girly things unless I'm making it for me or one of my girlfriends.  I really wanted to use flowers on this layout so I looked through my Cricut cartridges to see what flowers I had.  I didn't want to just use a plain flower that would be flat on the page, I wanted it to have some dimension.  So here is what I came up with.  




I tried to take the pictures so you could see that the flowers are layered with several layers and are popping off the page.  I also used Smooch Spritz in Vanilla on the flowers so they would have a little bit of sparkle on them.  I'm really happy with how the flowers turned out.  I can't wait to make more of them for my Mom & Mother in law for their Mother's Day cards. 

That's all I have for today.  Thanks, for stopping by. 

Melisa

1 comment: