Monday, February 20, 2012

Just Sea-Horsin Around


Hi Friends! 
Hope every had a good weekend.  My family and I went camping this weekend in Glamis.  I will share some pictures with you once we come back home. Today we are going to be going to see my Grandma in Arizona today.  I made this card before we left for camping.  My boys were my inspiration for this card because they are always Horsing around with each other.  I found the shape for the card on the Nifty Fifties cartridge and welded it together on my Gypsy. 


I sprayed the card base with Vanilla shimmer mist because I wanted it to sparkle, kinda like water does when the sun hits it.  I welded the seaweed together on my Gypsy so it would look like one big piece.  I also cut out some more seaweed in a lighter green to add on top of the dark green seaweed.  When I cut out the seaweed I cut the lighter green a little bit smaller then the dark green because I was trying to make it look like it was moving as if it was in the water.  Does that make sense?  Or does it only make sense to me?  Ha ha. 



      I love how the coral turned out.  It's so colorful. 



This sentiment is from Pink by Design's Crikey stamp set.  



The Cricut cartridges I used were CTMH Art Philosophy (Circle for the sentiment), Nifty Fifties (Card base) and Life is a Beach (Seaweed, Coral and Sea horse)

Don't forget to check out Pink by Design's Blog 

Melisa

3 comments: