Monday, March 26, 2012

Celebrate Today Layout

Hi Everyone! 

Thanks for joining us for the Spring Inspiration Pink by Design Blog hop.  If you came from Lori's Blog then you are in the right place.  If you would like to start at the beginning then head on over to Pink by Design.  The theme is Spring Inspiration and Create any one project using the picture below. 


Isn't it such a pretty picture?  I was inspired by the little yellow flowers on top of the cupcakes and the peaches.   I made a layout of my sister and I at her wedding last spring.  I have to say this is my favorite layout that I have made this year. 


This sentiment is from the Giant Greetings stamp set by Pink by Design.  I made the little flowers and pennants from the CTMH- Art Philosophy cartridge


The yellow border is from the Paper Lace cartridge.  I found these butterflies at my local scrapbook store and when I saw them I had to have them.  I think they are so pretty. 


To make the damask I used the Damask Decor cartridge.  I cut out the damask on page 51 using the Silhouette feature and then laid it where I wanted it on my paper.  Once I did that I sprayed it with my Silver Foil Smooch spritz.  I let it completely dry and then I finished my layout.  I also used Vanilla shimmer Smooch spritz on the grey floral patterned paper.    

The Cricut cartridges I used were Damask Decor, Elegant Edges and CTMH- Art Philosophy.  The paper I used is from Authentique's Blissful collection.  I also used Konnichiwa & Plumeria by Basic Grey.  The card stock is from Bazzil.  The Colorbox Fluid Chalk inks I used were Yellow Citrus, Rouge, Pink Pastel and Creamy Brown.  The yellow & cream buttons are buttons I had in my stash.  I also used my Epiphany Crafts Round 14 tool. 
The stamp I used was from the Giant Greetings set. 
**Don't forget to link up your projects over on the Pink by Design Blog.  You will have 2 weeks to do that.**

Here is the complete line up, in case you get lost along the way.

Pink by Design Blog <---Start here



Melisa (That's me) Melisascraftycreations  <--- You're right here

L.B. @ Coolbeansbylb  <---Go here next

Thanks again for joining us for the Spring Inspiration Pink by Design Blog hop.  I can't wait to see what you make. 

Melisa









14 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful layout, Melisa! I love how you created the background! So happy to be a part of this hop with you!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty Melisa! Love all the little details msmith38652@gmail.com
    http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. i love the way you put the image on with the foil spray and those butterflies are just so great.
    http://coolbeansbylb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is gorgeous!!! Love the inking! I also love that your inspiration came from the photo ~ great picture!!

    Glad to be in this hop with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout.
    cstephenson at q dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout is beautiful! So many wonderful details on your layout. Dana
    papermemories4u@ yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty LO.
    Dawn RI
    abosoffit@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. your layout is so amazing...I love all your amazing detail...thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Melisa! I love how you did the damask- so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty layout.

    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is such a pretty layout!

    Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Melisa - I saw a question that I think you posted regarding replying to comments. Try this link

    http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1725597&topic=12456&ctx=topic

    You will need to restart your computer after.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous Lo she will love this
    upnurse at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete