Sunday, March 11, 2012

A sympathy card


Hi Friends!  It's my Design team day over at Pink by Design.  The card I made was difficult for me to make.  It's not that it was hard to make it was just hard to make because it was a sympathy card for my cousin.  My cousin's husband recently passed away from cancer earlier in the week and I never thought my first sympathy card would be for my cousin.  Here is my card. 



Now when I made this card I cut out the card base twice, once in brown and a second time using the patterned paper.  The back of the patterned paper has this wild orange color on it and I didn't want it to show on my card.  So I just cut the front part of the patterned paper card base off and glued it to the brown card base.  I then inked the edges of my card with the Colorbox Fluid Chalk inks in Olive.  

 


 This sentiment is from the Remembering with You stamp set.  I just love this stamp set.  But then again I love all of Pink by Design's stamp sets.  :)



The Cricut cartridges I used are CTMH-Art Philosophy (Card base and flowers) and Flower Shoppe (Leaves).  I also used some Smooch spritz in Vanilla Shimmer on the flowers, it's kinda hard to see in the pictures but it is there.  :)  You can buy Remembering with you and all of the Pink by Design's stamps Here. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

Melisa 

2 comments:

  1. Your sympathy card is beautiful. I always struggle at them and you did a wonderful job on your design. I love the sentiment to. I may have to go check that out at PBD.
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a very difficult time creating sympathy cards. Your card is going to help your cousin through this time. I love the little roses in this color.
    I'm a new follower.
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete