Monday, May 7, 2012

A Sweethaven Summer sketch contest

Hi Crafty Buddies!

This is my second post of the day.  I came across this sketch contest over at PageMaps.  I thought it would be fun to play along.  The challenge was to create a layout based on one of the following themes using this sketch. 



THEMES:
• Create a layout about a friend or friends you haven't seen in a long time (or "create a layout that celebrates a special friendship).
• Create a layout about a place that's special to you.
• Create a layout about a dream that came true (that is the theme of Courtney's sample page above).
• Create a layout about your first love.
• Create a layout inspired by the cover of "A Sweethaven Summer."
 
I decided that I wanted to create a layout about a place that was special to me.  The place that is special to me is Laguna Beach.  My hubby and I took our Engagement pictures there and we also took my family pictures there when I was pregnant with Matthew.  The pictures on my layout are of when I was pregnant with Matthew. 
 

I used the Script Background behind my sentiment.  When I stamped it I wanted it to have a vintagey (Is that even a word? ha ha) look to it so I stamped it once and then lifted the stamp a little bit and immediately stamped it again.  I also didn't press down on a couple of spots when I was stamping it.  This way it would look faded.  Do you see what I mean?  I really like the way it came out.  The sentiment is from the To the Moon stamp set. 


Instead of journaling on a blank piece of card stock I used the Notebook Paper Background.  I think this is my new favorite background stamp.  Well besides the Chevron Background, that's another one of my favorites.  And it's still on sale so head on over and grab one.  


I used the Gypsy Font on my Gypsy to make my title.  I also used my Gyspy to weld the letters together.  I used a light yellow paper for the title and then I used my Colorbox chalk inks to make it a little more pinkish and not so yellow.  




The Cricut cartridges I used were Gypsy font (Title), Gypsy Wanderings (Scalloped Rectangle for journaling), CTMH Art Philosophy (Sentiment) and Elegant Edges (Scalloped Border). 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Don't forget to leave me some comments, I love reading them. 
 
Melisa

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty layout, Melisa! Great job with the sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Those colors look beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete