Thursday, May 3, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Gift

Hi!  Happy Thursday! 

Since next week is Teacher Appreciation at Matthew's school I thought I would show you what I made for his teacher.  I found this clear purse at my local scrapbook store and I thought it would be perfect to use for a Teacher gift. 


I used the Our Teachers sentiment set for my sentiment.  I love this stamp set because there are so many great sayings.  I used the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge to make the fancy square for the sentiment.  I also used my Colorbox Cat Eye chalk ink in French blue to ink around the edges of the sentiment. 


I also used pop dots to pop up the sentiment and flowers so they wouldn't be so flat.  It's just really hard to tell in the picture.  I filled the purse with a bath scrubby and shower gel & lotion from Bath and body works.  


I made my own border by using a rectangle from the George Cricut cartridge and welding a border from the Elegant edges Cricut cartridge.  Now I could have just used my border punches to make the border but I always have the hardest time making sure it is always lined up correctly.  So I made one on my Gypsy instead.  It was so much easier for me doing it on the Gyspy.  


I like that you can see the other side of the patterned paper on the back.  Don't you?  I'm joining in at the link up party over at Pink Cricut.  You should join us.  I think it is great to see what everyone has been making.  That's all I have for today friends.  I hope you have a great rest of the week. 

Melisa

1 comment:

  1. That's funny about the punches- sometimes I can get it and sometimes I can't!! :) I love that you can see the paper thru the box too!

    ReplyDelete