Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Couple of Challenges

Hi Crafty Friends! 

How's your week going?  Mine is good.  I was finally able to do some crafting.  My boys got sick last weekend and are finally feeling better now.  I found a couple of challenges that I thought would be fun to participate in.  Here is the frame I made for my hubby. 

I bought this frame from Michael's for $1.00.  I painted the whole frame with a white acrylic paint.  Once the paint was dry,I used the frame to cut my paper out and glued it to the frame.  I used the chestnut roan Chalk inks to ink the edges of the frame.  I cut out the "BBQ man" and BBQ from the Block Party Cricut  Lite Cartridge.  I also put some pop dots behind the BBQ but it is hard to tell in the picture. 


The face on the "BBQ Man" is from the Peachy Keen Retro Paper Doll Face Assortment.   I just love the look on his face.  The Happy Father's Day is from Joy's Life Holiday Occasion's Stamp set


This stamp set is from My Thoughts Exactly Grillin' n' Chillin'  stamp set.  The "BBQ Man" is on an Action wobble.  Looks like he had a little too much to drink, he's a little tipsy.  Haha.  


Here he is in action.  Maybe he did have a little too much to drink.  :)  I had to trim my Action wobble to fit under "BBQ Man".  This was also my last Action Wobble, time to buy some more.  I am having so much fun adding them to my projects. 


Don't forget to stop on by Pink by Design tomorrow.  There will be another new challenge to participate in.  I hope you will join us in the challenge. 

**I'm entering my frame in the following challenges.**

My Thoughts Exactly: Father's Day Theme


Wobble Wednesday's: Anything but a Card

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope you have a great day!

Melisa





11 comments:

  1. Love that crazy, wobbly cook! Great job, and thank you for joining the Wobble Wednesday Challenge :O)

    Jenny~Wobble Wed DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great details on your project. Thanks for posting at Peachy Keen's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!! perfect for Father's Day!! Thanks for joining us at PKS Challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melisa!
    I wanted to warn you to look for an email from me...
    I'm always afraid they will end up in spam...so take a peek!
    Thanks!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great altered frame, love it! Thanks for sharing your project with us at My Thoughts Exactly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I love the wobbly guy! Thanks for joining us for the first My Thoughts Exactly Stamps challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to say the expression on his face was awesome, then I saw it wobble. I about died! That is tooo cute! TFS over at My Thoughts Exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word could this be any cuter? The wobble is adorbs. Lenae

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGoodness this is adorable! I like the tipsy bbq'er!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melisa,
    Wow looove it,frames are great to alter up!
    Bet you he adores it too.
    Thanks for joining in the fun oer at MTE.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete