Tuesday, June 19, 2012

First day of Kindergarten Layout

Hey There!
Today I have a quick layout to share with you.  I made this layout for the Scrappy Monday Challenge going on over at My Creative time.  I really like playing along with challenges for layouts especially ones where I have to make a layout based off a sketch.  This is the sketch we were supposed to use.  We were also supposed to use jute, twine, burlap or hemp on our layout.  I decided to use twine from The Twinery

I decided to make this layout about Matthew's First day of Kindergarten.  I did make a couple of changes, instead of using a 6x4 photo I used a 5x7.  Instead of having two 2x3 photos I made a box for my journaling.  I also cut out an apple and put my title inside the apple, instead of a circle with journaling.   

For my title I used the School Days stamp set from Pink by Design.  I used the Cappuccino twine to wrap a bow around the stem of the apple and around my journaling box. 


I used the Denim Twine to wrap around my picture. I placed a small glue dot on my picture and then gathered the twine and stuck it to the glue dot.  Then I put some more glue dots on the button and then placed it on the picture. 

The Cricut cartridges I used are CTMH Art Philosophy (Square4 and Rectangles) and Recess Lite (Apple). 

Thanks for stopping by!

Melisa

4 comments:

  1. What a neat layout! And you get extra points for including journaling!!! :) Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Scrappy Monday Layout Challenge :)

    ~ Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER SUPER job with your AWESOME layout!I LOVE the great details and paper,Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Scrappy Monday Layout Challenge!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. way too cute! thanks for play with us at MCT~Scrappy Monday Layout Challenge!

    ReplyDelete