Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hot August Nights (Vehicles) ~ SOUS Challenge

Happy Friday Friends! 
Today there is a new challenge going on over SOUS, the challenge is vehicles.  Last year I took Nicky & Joey over to the local firestation for their annual open house.  I thought the kids would get a kick out of it. 


For my title I used the LD Fat Jack font from the online Silhouette store. 
After placing title on my mat I used the Offset Selected Shape feature to create the shadow of the font.  I then made another copy of the title.  I then grouped all the letters together with the shadow together and welded them together to make a blacked out shadow of my font. 


I found this Fire Truck from the online Silhouette Store.  Isn't it the cutest?  I think it's just adorable.  The Fire Hat is also from the online Silhouette store.  I wanted to have two of the hats since each of my twins had their own hat.  So I put two of the fire hats on my mat, then I went to the replicate menu.  From the "Replicate menu" I selected one of the hats and clicked on "Mirror Left", that flipped the image of my hat. 



That's all I have for you today.  I hope you enjoyed my post today.  I hope you'll join us in the Vehicle challenge over at SOUS. 

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

Melisa

6 comments:

  1. What great photos and great memories. I love the little fire truck. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melisa, Being married to a fireman I am now on the hunt for this cute paper! and inspired to pull out the ol carts and dig up a fire truck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My GD and Hubby toured our fire station and they loved it...Great layout and pictures! I really like them little hats....cool
    Hugs Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute...and those pics of your little guys are adorable! Love it, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout Melissa.....perfect for those cute as pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaaaw, that is too cute Melissa.. first of all, love all the photos you got to fit on your layout and then the die cuts, too too cute..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete