Thursday, August 9, 2012

School is Cool ~ SOUS Die Cut Challenge

Happy Friday! 
This week my oldest son Matthew went back to school and started the 1st grade.  I can't believe summer is already over.  The new die cut challenge is that is going on over at Stuck on U Sketches is "School is Cool".  I knew I wanted to make a scrapbook page for Matthew's first day of 1st grade.  I didn't have the picture printed at the time I took these pictures so I just left a spot to slide my picture in behind the frog. 
I used the 12x12 Background Shapes and 3 Notebook office borders and grouped them together and then welded them together to make my background shape.  They are both by Lori Whitlock and are from the Silhouette online store.  My title is also from Lettering Delight's Toad-ally School cut it set. 




This cute little frog is from Lettering Delights Toad-ally School Cut it Set.  Isn't he cute?  I had so much fun making him.  


The pencil and eraser are from Lettering Delight's Pop School Cut it set.  I used some Marigold twine from The Twinery.  For my journaling box I used the 5 bracket labels with shadows by Lori Whitlock, it is also from the Silhouette online store.  


Thanks for stopping by today.  Don't forget to stop by Stuck on U Sketches and check out what the rest of the design team made.  I hope you'll join in the challenge. 

Melisa


6 comments:

  1. Just love that cute frog. This is beyond adorable.and perfect for your son's picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable...what a cute layout, Melisa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you and Lisa used the same froggy, since now we can see two cute uses for it :) Your layout turned out great and can't wait to see it with your sons photo :)
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very "Cool" layout.......love all the cute cuts you have used!

    ReplyDelete