Tuesday, March 11, 2014

~~PPPR~~Every path has it's puddle...


Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday.  I hope your week is going great.  My oldest son started his spring break this week so I've been trying to keep him busy so he doesn't get bored.  Because we all know it's just a matter of time before they start saying "Mom, I'm bored!"  Thankfully he is really into playing with Legos right now and will play with them for hours while his brothers are at preschool.  Here is the card I made to share with you.  


To make the card base I used the Doilies 1 Cutting File.  To get rid of the design inside the doily I selected my shape and then right clicked on the mouse and selected "Release Compound Path".  After that I just selected the scalloped circle portion of my shape and deleted the rest of the image.  Don't forget to do that or you will end up with little pieces cut out on your image.  The sheep and the puddle came from the Rainy Day Critters Cutting File.  


The sentiment is from My Creative Time's I'm here for you Rain or Shine stamp set.

  I wanted the rain boots, rain hat and water to really look like they were wet so I put Glossy Accents on them.  In the picture below you can see the glossy accents better.  A funny thing happened when I was putting on the Glossy Accents on the puddle, I flipped the puddle over while it was wet.  Ahhh I just about lost my mind.  I thought I had ruined the puddle but luckily when it dried you couldn't tell anything had happened.  Whew!  Has anything like that happened to you while crafting?  


Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great rest of the week.  

Melisa


2 comments:

  1. Super cute card and I love how you added the Glossy Accents. It really makes it pop:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did a card with this cutie! Love yours

    ReplyDelete