Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons Get Cookin' Blog Hop




Welcome to the Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons Get Cookin' Blog Hop!!


If you came here from Leah's blog, you are in the right place.  If you just stumbled upon this post and would like to start from the beginning, please visit the Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons blog.

The theme for this hop is Get Cookin'. So, we're sharing projects that have to do with cooking and food using Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons files.

For my project I decided to make a "cookie in a jar".  I found this recipe on Pinterest.  The recipe is from Crazy Little Projects

Now when my boys found out I was "making" cookies they got all excited because they thought they were getting cookies.  So after I measured out the ingredients for the jar cookie I measured out a second batch for them.  This doesn't make a lot of cookies but you could easily double the recipe.  We tested some of the cookie dough before we baked it so we ended up with around 24 cookies.  Oh I was going to suggest that after you add all the ingreidents up to the flour that you give them all a gentle push down.  Doing that will give you a little more room for the chocolate chips.   :)  Oh and they tasted delicious, you won't be disappointed. 


To make my title I used several different files and then made a shadow for it.  The "Cookies" is from the Christmas Cookies Cutting Files.  The "For" is from the Control Freak Cutting Files.  This one I actual had to cut the original title apart to make the "For".  The "You" is from the Safari Love 2 Cutting Files.  I had to cut the "you" away from the rest of the original title again.  



Now to hold the recipe I used the A2 Card Bases 2 Cutting Files for the recipe card.  The Cookie & Milk are from the Cookie & Milk Cutting Files.    The twine is from The Twinery. 




~~Blog Hop Candy~~


For a chance to win, you must be a follower of each blog and leave a comment on each blog. For extra chances, you can also "LIKE" Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons on Facebook and/or sign up for the Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons Newsletter.  A random winner will be chosen for the prize on Tuesday, March 17, 2015. 



The Rules

1.  The theme of this challenge is Get Cookin'. The challenge projects can be any cooking or food related project  that features Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons files. Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons products must be the FOCUS of the project.
2.  Please link to your actual blog post...not to your blog.  If you don't have a blog, you can add a photo of your project to the Anything Goes Challenge photo folder in the Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons Project Parade Facebook Group.
3.  You can enter as many different projects as you want for more chances to win.
4.  The challenge will run for 3 weeks.  You must link up your project by 11:55 pm CST on Saturday, April 4, 2015.
5.  One random winner of a $20 Gift Certificate to PPPR will be chosen.  Our Design Team will also choose our PPPR Top 3.  Winners will be announced on Wednesday, April 8, 2015.




The NEW Friday Freebie.  You can grab it HERE


Your next stop in the hop is Nanne

P.S.  If you don't see your comments on my blog right away, it's because I have to go and approve them.  I will be out of town all weekend and won't be back until Monday.  I don't know how much internet access I will have but I will approve them once I get a chance.  :)

23 comments:

  1. Love the tag! And cookies in a jar = perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. What a neat idea for a present anytime of the year. Thank you for sharing. Have a great crafty day.
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this idea!!! So super cute! The tag/recipe is darling!!
    TinaB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love, Melisa! What a fun little tag for your jarred cookie mix. Thank you so much for creating such a cute project for our hop today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melisa, this is SUCH a cute idea!
    I could seriously get into receiving a gift like this! YUM!
    I love it to pieces...the gift idea and the darling tag! That
    was a great idea!

    Hope you are having a good weekend!!!! ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea!! I may have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous idea! Love your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute project and wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the shaped card!!! And so cute too... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't made a cookie in a jar gift in a long time. What a fabulously adorable why to attached the cooking instructions. Love it.
    TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's adorable Melisa! What a great gift for someone! Who wouldn't love getting that!?!?! Great share for the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How CUTE is this?! I love the fun tag and look at that yummy jar of cookie mix...fun gift idea!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea! Wonderful way to give a gift and make it more fun and homemade! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is totally awesome!!! I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute & Fun!! TFS the recipe!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  16. great treat! love the use of the mason jar and the tag with the recipe

    ReplyDelete